Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A new use for Aluminum Foil! Whoohoo!

So here is an idea for Aluminum Foil! I sometimes get that baked/cooked on gunk that sticks to my pans and shreds my sponge when I try to clean it! Normally, I have some kind of steel wool sponge to work through it, but my resources in our New York apartment are limited! So if you haven't lined the pan with aluminum foil before baking which helps you avoid most cleaning altogether (but I never do that), use foil for scrubbing the stuff off! I just crinkle it up, fill the pan with a little soap and water, and scrub away. It's like a mini aluminum scrubber. I just use the same foil I used to cover the pan while baking. Hey, we are students living in NYC! Just getting the most bang for my aluminum foil!

No comments:

Post a Comment