Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Waffle and Dinges Throwdown




So if any of you are familiar with the Food Network show, "Throwdown with Bobby Flay", you will appreciate this post :)

Just down the street from where we live, the "Wafels and Dinges" truck, a mobile waffle house that makes it's home on various curbsides around New York City, was parked and serving their famous waffles. I had never tried them before, so we decided to have some lunch there. It's great, they serve up little waffles, light and fluffly or chewy, I chose the latter, topped with what ever topping you desire. So on my chewy waffle I had Dulce De Leche and strawberries. So good! Anyway, long story short, we found out through the kids cooking up our waffles that Bobby Flay had just challenged the waffle truck to a "throwdown" and the "throwdown" was currently happening on Columbia Campus. So we found out where it was on campus and got in! It was fun to watch a "Bobby Flay throwdown", and we got to try his own waffle creation. I would write what it was, but we signed a disclosure to not reveal anything until it airs, so I don't know if I would get in trouble if I did say what he made...and they found my blog, etc. So I will just be safe. Well, it was fun to participate in a Throwdown since we often watch that show. Part of the fun living in New York City. You always run into random tapings of shows and movies. :) P.S. If you ever happen to be in NYC and see the "Wafels and Dinges" truck, try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment