Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My healthified version of pumpkin chocolate chip!


I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. So I had some extra pumpkin I needed to use up so I thought I'd make it. Unfortunately, I had no eggs. Well, I put together this recipe that uses no eggs, has less sugar, and has half the amount of butter or crisco. I like the real thing, butter, in recipes...hehehe. I think it makes recipes tastes better. Anyway, it tastes pretty darn delicious for being "healthier"!

3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 c. flour, add a little more if needed
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin spice
12 oz. milk chocolate chips

Cream the two sugars, butter, pumpkin, and vanilla. In separate bowl, blend the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add to the creamed mixture. Add chocolate chips. Spoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 7-10 minutes. MY Oven is HOT, so mine was less. Just check to see if it looks cooked and slightly golden. Don't over bake. Makes at least a couple dozen cookies. It makes a lot.

*let me know if this turns out good, because it should. If not, I wrote it down wrong because I "invented" this recipe, and I am sure I wrote the amounts correctly, but sometimes it's hard to keep track of those amounts as your cooking. I am still learning...

No comments:

Post a Comment