Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BBQ Chicken Salad

I tried to recreate the BBQ Chicken Salad from Zupas. And I have to say it came pretty close. I have just seen them make it. It is super easy and a great quick dinner for the summer.

BBQ Chicken Salad

2 chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil

Place chicken breasts on baking dish and drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for about 30 to 40 minutes until cooked through. You can also poach the chicken but I find it loses lots of its flavor so I would poach it in a chicken stock and water combo.

After the chicken has rested for 10 minutes, chop up the chicken in bite size pieces.

Combine chopped sweet lettuces and iceburg lettuce in a bowl. Find your favorite ranch dressing and dilute it a bit with milk if it is a little "blobby". I don't like "blobby" ranch. And add enough dressing so that is lightly covers the lettuce. Then all you do is add a couple of tablespoons of each:
chopped tomatoes
canned black beans, drained
canned corn, drained, or even better, grilled, fresh corn
black olives, sliced
chopped chicken

And to make it BBQ, drizzle your favorite BBQ sauce over top of the salad, and add crunchy tortilla strips. So easy and yummy. Serve it with homemade cornbread (again, for the carb lover! I think I have my favorite cornbread recipe on the blog).



No comments:

Post a Comment